Frequently Asked Questions
- Rent A Bike Lelystad will not issue a refund if the bike is returned earlier than the dates specified when booking.
- Rent A Bike Lelystad is not liable for damage to third parties or injuries due to incorrect use of the bicycle.
- You take full responsibility for the bike and accessories (incl. helmet, repair kit and cable lock) for the entire duration of the rental.
- You are fully responsible for the bike during the rental in various aspects and we therefore advise you not to lend the bike to others, to take good care of it and never leave the bike unattended.
- Rent A Bike Lelystad reserves the right to supply other bicycles with comparable technical properties than shown on the website.
- A reservation can be canceled free of charge up to 24 hours before the start of the booking. If the reservation is canceled within 24 hours before the start of the booking, Rent A Bike Lelystad is authorized to still invoice 50% of the rent.
On location with us
- Payment methods:
Pin, Credit Card and Cash
Via online reservation
- You do not have to pay when paying through our online reservation system. You can do this when you pick up the bikes.
The deposit differs per type of bicycle. Below an overview.
- Children’s bike € 15,-
- City bike: € 35,-
- Sports bike: € 35,-
- Tandem: € 35,-
- Trekking bike: € 150,-
- E-Bike: € 150,-
You pay this extra in addition to the regular rental costs.
Your deposit will be refunded when you return the bike.
- Yes, we have a toilet and you can use it.
- In consultation you can pick up the bike earlier than originally agreed. Please contact us for this.
- Rent A Bike Lelystad provides free bicycle helmets with every rented bicycle.
- There is no limit for renting a bicycle. The longer you rent, the cheaper the daily rate becomes.
- For all bicycles, a day is from 08:00 in the morning to 20:00 in the evening. If you rent for more than one day, the rental period starts on day 1 at 8:00 and the rental period ends on the last day at 20:00.
- Pick up later and / or return earlier within the rental period is of course always possible.
- We ask for your ID to check and note the document number when picking up the bike (s).
- You can go abroad by bike.
- Although we do not have a changing room, it is possible to change in a screened-off area outside.
- If you wish, you will receive a repair kit, bicycle pump and possibly. one or two inner tubes with every bike rented.
- Defects that arise during normal use of the bicycle are at the expense of Rent A Bike Lelystad. Think of a broken brake or gear cable, a pedal that keeps turning or a tripod that breaks. With e-bikes this also for electrical defects to the battery, motor or on-board computer.
- All damage caused by misuse, a fall or accident and / or negligence is at your expense. If you have a liability insurance, you can possibly rely on this, but that does not alter the fact that the damage must first be paid to Rent A Bike Lelystad.
- Rent A Bike Lelystad is also not liable for personal injury, unless it can be explicitly demonstrated that this was caused by a defect in the bicycle.
- When booking you can insure a bicycle against theft and loss. If you fail to do so, you are fully responsible for any damage caused if the bike is lost or stolen.
- In the event of loss or theft, you must always report the matter to the Police and hand over the statement to Rent A Bike Lelystad for the insurance. You must also hand over the keys to the bike as proof that the bike was locked at the time of loss or theft.
- With insurance you keep a deductible in case of theft or loss of € 25,- for a child’s bike, € 60,- for a city bike, € 70,- for a sporty bike, € 90,- for a parent-child tandem, € 150,- for a holiday bike and € 400,- for a Prophete e-bike.
- Without insurance you owe € 129,- for a child’s bicycle, € 299,- for a city bike, € 349,- for a sporty bike, € 750,- for a parent-child tandem, € 599,- for a holiday bike and € 1499, – for a Prophete e-bike.
- We provide free locks for all bicycles. This is a ring lock with extra plug-in measurement for maximum security.
- You can leave your belongings with us. We ensure that it is kept in a safe place. We do ask you to take a photo of the (content of the) items in order to be able to verify any missing items on the photo.
We really enjoyed exploring the area by bike. After experiencing some small problems with 2 of the 8 rented bikes the owner was very helpful, we received 2 e-bikes as a replacement for our normal bikes and were offered a later return time as compensation.